Master of Public Health
Applicants MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM Qualifications:
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from an accredited foreign institution or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- Also acceptable: hold a Master’s degree, a doctoral degree (Ph.D., D.Phil.), or a professional degree (M.D., J.D., D.V.M., etc.) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from an accredited foreign institution.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS). For more information, see Degree Verification. Students who submit an official transcript to their admitting department are still required to submit an additional transcript to GEMS upon enrollment.
- Credential evaluation reports are not accepted as a substitute for official school transcripts.
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from a foreign institution for the last 90 graded quarter credits or 60 graded semester credits from a baccalaureate degree (for a Master’s, doctoral, or professional degree, the total cumulative average may be used).
- If you earned additional credits from an accredited institution after your degree, you may include these credits in calculating your GPA.
- Graduate programs may consider an applicant with a GPA below a 3.0. Graduate programs must submit an admission petition to the Dean of the Graduate School before an offer is made.
- Demonstration of English proficiency is required of all non-native English speakers.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum required score will not be considered for admission. We do not offer conditional admission.
- Admitted students with scores in the 80 -91 range will be required to take additional English classes during their graduate studies. Review English Language Proficiency requirements (ELP).