Select from the following:
- Ahoua Kone, Clinical Assistant Professor, and Co-Chair SPH Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, was awarded the UW Black Opportunity Fund for her project: Artistic Expressions of Black Lives Matter.
- Grace John-Stewart received the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH) 2021 Research Excellence Award, recognizing her outstanding accomplishments in improving HIV prevention and treatment. The award celebrates both her leadership in academic research and her impact on the health of communities she serves.
- Nelly Mugo received the Gita Ramjee Prize Award by the International AIDS Society and The Aurum Institute at the HIV Research for Prevention Conference. This award recognizes leading female scientists for outstanding HIV prevention research and demonstration of the principles and practices Ramjee embodied in her life and career: a commitment to evidence, disadvantaged communities and gender transformation.
- Franck Kalume, Adjunct Associate Professor, was named among the seven UW scientists included in the 1,000 inspiring Black scientists.
- MPH Student, Bianca Graves was awarded the Grayston-Day Fellowship.
- PhD Student, Dorothy Thomas was recognized as a 2021-2022 Magnuson Scholar.
- Global Health Minor student Nuria Alina Chandra selected for President's Medalist Award for 2019-20.