Select from the following:
- Adjunct Professor Masa Narita received the Noreen Harris Award for Excellence in Public Health Epidemiology for his work in tuberculosis (TB) surveillance and epidemiology.
- Affiliate Professor Patricia Garcia, Minister of Health for Peru, won the 2017 SPH Distinguished Alumni Award along with Bernice Dahn, MPH '05, Minister of Health for Liberia.
- Jay Vornhagen, PhD student in Pathobiology, received the Guy Tribble and Susan Barnes Graduate Discovery Fellowship from the UW School of Medicine
- Emily Mosites, PhD '15, joined the Center for Disease Control’s Arctic Investigations Program in Anchorage, AK as an incoming Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer.
- Cheryl Dietrich, MPH '16, is an ASPPH/CDC Allan Rosenfield Global Health Fellow, working with the CDC to reduce the burden of HIV and TB in South Africa.
- The Fiscal and Grants Management Team for the International Clinical Research Center (ICRC) was nominated for the 2017 UW Distinguished Staff Award. The team includes Benjamin Browning-Roberts, Kathy Heuring, Rachel Johnson, Toni Maddox and Kelly Moutsos.