Select from the following:
- Affiliate Associate Professor Magaly Blas won the “Women in Science” award from Peru’s Concytec, Unesco, and L’Oreal Peru for her commitment and contribution to the advancement of scientific research in Peru. The executive director of Cienciativa, Hugo Carlos Weiner, stated that “this prize recognizes the effort and dedication of all women in the field of science and research.”
Affiliate Professor Patricia Garcia, Dean of the School of Public Health in Cayetano Heredia University -- Peru, received the 2016 Exceptional Merit Award for Women for Outstanding Professional Performance from the President of Peru and Minister for Women. Soon after she was named Minister of Health for Peru and sworn in on July 28
Professor King Holmes was inducted into the Smith Infectious Diseases Foundation "Hall of Fame".
Professor Rafael Lozano, based at the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME), received the 2015 Carlos Slim Health Award for Lifetime Achievement in Research. This award recognizes individuals and institutions committed to health improvement of the Latin American population.
Adjunct Professor Lisa Manhart was appointed to the Clinical Research and Field Studies of Infectious Diseases Study Section in the National Institutes of Health’s Center for Scientific Review for the term beginning July 1 and ending June 30, 2020.
Professor Robert Martin, Lab Systems Strengthening Director at International Training & Education Center for Health (I-TECH), received the Hologic Joseph Public Health Award at the 2016 American Society of Microbiology conference.
- Farah Mohamed, Omenn Award, School of Public Health Excellence Awards
- Alexandra (Allie) Wollum, Outstanding Student, Masters, School of Public Health Excellence Awards
- Laura Martinez, Outstanding Student, PhD, School of Public Health Excellence Awards
- Kelly Walters (MPH ’16), Graduate School’s Distinguished Thesis Award in Biological Sciences.
- Julie Brunett was nominated for the University of Washington Distinguished Staff Award as part of the 2016 Awards of Excellence.
- Aleta Elliott received the Global Health Outstanding Staff Award at the 2016 School of Public Health Excellence Awards.
- Paul Nevin (MPH ’15) was awarded first place prize for feature photography for the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) Mark of Excellence Awards in Region 10 for his photography that documents maternal health issues in Kenya.