The UW Department of Global Health and MetaCenter for Pandemic Disease Preparedness and Global Health Security are partnering with Kenyatta National Hospital to host a webinar series, "Washington and Kenya: Opportunities for joint learning on the COVID-19 epidemic". The series, developed by Keshet Ronen and John Kinuthia in response to requests from our long-time partners in Kenya, seeks to share lessons learned from Washington’s early experience of the pandemic, and engage with clinicians, public health practitioners and policymakers in Kenya as they develop Kenya’s response.
The series will be delivered as part of Kenyatta National Hospital’s ongoing COVID-19 webinars and consists of 11 sessions, each a 30-minute presentation followed by 60 minutes for Q&A. Topics to be discussed include:
- Overview of the Washington and King County epidemic and policymaking process
- Testing, quarantine and contact tracing
- Healthcare worker PPE policies
- Healthcare worker wellbeing and mental health
- Maintaining routine medical care during the COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 patient management overview - from community to ICU
- Adult COVID-19 in-patient protocols
- Obstetric COVID-19 protocols
- Pediatric COVID-19 protocols
- Societal impacts of COVID-19
The next webinar is scheduled for July 9: Bridging the Know-Do Gap for Rheumatic Heart Disease in Sub-Saharan Africa. Learn more.