In celebration of the many achievements of recent alumni, the University of Washington, Department of Global Health (DGH) is accepting nominations for the first annual DGH Alumni Early Achievement Award. Submissions will be reviewed by a committee of faculty, staff and alumni. One alumnus will be selected and recognized at the DGH Global Healthies Poster Competition and Award Ceremony, to be held on Monday, May 15 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on the University of Washington Campus in the HUB Lyceum. An award of $250 will be presented at the ceremony, however, the recipient does not need to be present to receive the award.
You are encouraged to nominate a DGH academic program graduate or nominate yourself if you are a DGH academic program graduate.
- Be from a degree granting program for the Department of Global Health (MPH or PhD), or have graduated from the Global Health Pathway for MD students, with a Global Health Graduate Certificate, or with the Global Health Minor for undergraduates, and
- Have graduated in years 2011-2016.
- A brief bio (no more than a paragraph) including
- year graduated,
- current position (academic or professional) and
- current location,
- a one-page summary of work done to improve health for all, identifying any notable achievements, accomplishments, collaborations, publications, and awards, and
- 2-3 photos representative of the work (preferably in the field).
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: Friday, May 5, at 12:00 noon.