- Associate Professor, Global Health
- Associate Professor, Medicine - Allergy and Infectious Dis.
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Epidemiology
325 Ninth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
Select from the following:
Dr. Graham is an attending physician for general medicine and a consultant in infectious diseases at the UW Medical Center and Harborview Medical Center.
Dr. Graham earned her bachelor’s degree from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island and her M.D. from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec. She also holds an M.P.H. in Health Services from Boston University and a Ph.D. in epidemiology from the University of Toronto. Dr. Graham was an intern and resident in internal medicine at the Brigham & Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. She first came to the UW as a fellow in the Allergy and Infectious Diseases Division. She is currently an associate professor of medicine and global health and an affiliate associate professor of epidemiology at the University of Washington.
Dr. Graham is boarded in internal medicine and infectious diseases.
- PhD (University of Toronto (Canada))
- MD (McGill University (Canada))
- MPH (Boston University)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Education and Training
- Health Disparities
- Health Interventions
- HIV Transmission
- Infectious Diseases
- Social Justice and Human Rights
- STDs (other than HIV)
- Annual Principles of STD/HIV Research Course (GH560)
- CFAR: Behavioral Science Core
- Global Health Immersion Program (GHIP)
- Global Health Pathway for Medical Students
- Impact of a novel screening program to detect acute and prevalent HIV infection and reduce HIV transmission
- Mombasa Female Sex Worker Cohort
- Risk Behavior and Medical Follow-up of HIV Positive Patients in Mtwapa
Graham SM, Masese L, Gitau R, Jalalian-Lechak Z, Richardson BA, Peshu N, Mandaliya K, Kiarie JN, Jaoko W, Ndinya-Achola J, Overbaugh J, McClelland RS. Antiretroviral adherence and development of drug resistance are the strongest predictors of genital HIV-1 shedding among women initiating treatment: a prospective cohort study. J Infect Dis. 2010;202:1538-1542. PMID: 20923373, PMCID: PMC2957525.
Graham SM, Micheni M, Kombo B, van der Elst E, Mugo PM, Kivaya E, Aunon F, Kutner B, Sanders EJ, Simoni JM. Development and pilot testing of an intervention to promote care engagement and antiretroviral adherence among HIV-positive Kenyan men who have sex with men. AIDS. 2015;29 Suppl 3:S241-S249. PMID: 26562813; PMCID: PMC4706368.
Graham SM, Rajwans N, Jaoko W, Estambale BBA, McClelland RS, Overbaugh J, Liles WC. Endothelial activation biomarkers increase after HIV-1 acquisition: plasma vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 predicts disease progression. AIDS. 2013;27:1803-1813. PMID: 23807276, PMCID: PMC3883757.