- Adjunct Associate Professor, Global Health
- Associate Professor, Medicine - Emergency Medicine
Select from the following:
- MD, University of Washington School of Medicine, 2005; Seattle, Washington USA
- Internship and Residency, Emergency Medicine, Yale School of Medicine, 2009; Connecticut, USA
- Fellowship, International Emergency Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, 2001; Boston, Massachusetts USA
- Masters of Public Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Department of Global Health, 2011; Boston, Massachusetts USA
His areas of academic interest are in health systems development, disaster planning and response. Currently holds positions on The American College of Emergency Physicians, King County and WA State disaster committees, and works federally with Health and Human Services and the Veterans Administration. Internationally he works regularly in South East Asia and intermittently in a global capacity. Dr. Morris welcomes new disaster and global health systems related projects.
- MD (University of Washington)
- MPH (University of Washington)
- BA (State University of New York Binghampton)
- Emergency Medicine
- Humanitarian Relief Logistics
- Immigrants and Refugees
- Injury, Violence, Trauma and Domestic Violence
- War, Conflict, and Peace Studies
Morris, S. et al. Establishing a trauma registry in Bhutan: needs and process. SpringerPlus (online affiliate journal: International Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2013; 2: 231(7).
Morris, S. et al. Assessing Fistula and Obstetrical Surgical Capacity in South Kivu, DRC. Global Journal of Medicine and Public Health. July 13, 2013; 2(3).
Morris, SC. Emergency medicine and global health policy: history and next steps. Journal of Global Health. 2016 Dec; 6(2): 020304. Published online 2016 Mar 21. doi: 10.7189/jogh.06.020304
Morris, SC., Hahn, M., Cluka, B. A Multisource Derivation of Guidelines for Education and Screening for Human Trafficking in the Emergency Department. Emergency Medicine Open Journal. June 1, 2016;V2I2: 27-31.
Morris, SC., Jauregui, J., McCoy, AM., Mitchell, S. Aurora Bridge Bus Crash Review of a Mass Casualty Event Pre-hospital and Hospital Response, Lessons Learned. Emergency Medicine Open Journal. December 18, 2017; V3I2: 62-65. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.17140/EMOJ-3-144