- Adjunct Professor, Global Health
- Professor, Child, Family, and Population Health Nursing
Health Sciences Building T-410C (office)
Seattle, WA 98105
Select from the following:
Sarah Gimbel, a Professor in the Department of Child, Family and Population Health Nursing, co-directs the UW’s Center for Global Health Nursing, and holds an adjunct position in the Department of Global Health. She is an established implementation researcher with extensive experience leading and supporting complex, multi-country implementation research in sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America. Her research expertise includes the development and testing of interventions to strengthen health systems and improve the reach and quality of health services. She has ongoing projects in Mozambique, Kenya, Peru, and Washington State, and works in the areas of HIV/AIDS, hypertension and primary health care.
- PhD (University of Washington)
- MPH (University of Washington)
- BSN (University of Washington)
- MA (School of International Training (Vt))
- BA (Kenyon College)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cervical Cancer
- Child and Adolescent Health (incl. Pediatrics)
- Child Mortality
- Chronic Disease (incl. Cardiovascular, Diabetes)
- Clinical Mentoring
- Community-Based Participatory Research
- Education and Training
- Environmental Health (incl. Climate Change)
- Health Information Systems
- Health Interventions
- Health Systems Strengthening and Human Resources Development
- Implementation Science
- Intervention Design and Management
- Leadership and Organizational Development
- Maternal Child Health (incl. Reproductive Health)
- Mobile Health (mHealth)
- Neglected Diseases, Tropical Medicine (incl. Parasites)
- Non-Communicable Diseases
- Operations Research
- Qualitative Research and Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Social Determinants of Health
- Trop. Med (incl. Parasites)
- Zoonotic Diseases and Animal Health
- Center for AIDS Research (CFAR)
- Center for Health and the Global Environment (CHanGE)
- Forgarty Northern Pacific Global Health Fellows
- Global Cardiovascular Health Program (GCHP)
- Global Center for Integrated Health of Women, Adolescents and Children (Global WACh)
- Implementation Science Program
- International Training & Education Center for Health (I-TECH)
- Program in Education and Research in Latin America (PERLA)
Gimbel S, Mocumbi AO, Ásbjörnsdóttir K, Coutinho J, Andela L, Cebola B, Craine H, Crocker J, Hicks L, Holte S, Hossieke R, Itai E, Levin C, Manaca N, Murgorgo F, Nhumba M, Pfeiffer J, Ramiro I, Ronen K, Sotoodehnia N, Uetela O, Wagner A, Weiner BJ, Sherr K. Systems analysis and improvement approach to optimize the hypertension diagnosis and care cascade for PLHIV individuals (SAIA-HTN): a hybrid type III cluster randomized trial. Implement Sci. 2020 Mar 6;15(1):15. doi: 10.1186/s13012-020-0973-4. PubMed PMID: 32143657; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7059349.
Gimbel S, Voss J, Mercer MA, Zierler B, Gloyd S, Coutinho Mde J, Floriano F, Cuembelo Mde F, Einberg J, Sherr K. The prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV cascade analysis tool: supporting health managers to improve facility-level service delivery. BMC Res Notes. 2014 Oct 21;7:743. doi: 10.1186/1756-0500-7-743. PubMed PMID: 25335783; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4216351.
Gimbel S, Mwanza M, Nisingizwe MP, Michel C, Hirschhorn L. Improving data quality across 3 sub-Saharan African countries using the Consolidated Framework for Implementation Research (CFIR): results from the African Health Initiative. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017 Dec 21;17(Suppl 3):828. doi: 10.1186/s12913-017-2660-y. PubMed PMID: 29297401; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5763292.
Wagner AD, Gimbel S, Ásbjörnsdóttir KH, Cherutich P, Coutinho J, Crocker J, Cruz E, Cuembelo F, Cumbe V, Eastment M, Einberg J, Floriano F, Gaitho D, Guthrie BL, John-Stewart G, Kral AH, Lambdin BH, Liu S, Maina M, Manaca N, Matsuzaki M, Mattox L, Mburu N, McClelland RS, Micek MA, Mocumbi AO, Muanido A, Nduati R, Njuguna IN, Oluoch G, Oyiengo LB, Ronen K, Soi C, Wagenaar BH, Wanje G, Wenger LD, Sherr K. Cascade Analysis: An Adaptable Implementation Strategy Across HIV and Non-HIV Delivery Platforms. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2019 Dec;82 Suppl 3:S322-S331. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0000000000002220. PubMed PMID: 31764270; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6880809.
Gimbel S, Kawakyu N, Dau H, Unger JA. A Missing Link: HIV-/AIDS-Related mHealth Interventions for Health Workers in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Curr HIV/AIDS Rep. 2018 Dec;15(6):414-422. doi: 10.1007/s11904-018-0416-x. Review. PubMed PMID: 30259258; NIHMSID:NIHMS1040603.