- Assistant Professor, Global Health
901 Boren Ave., Suite 1100
Seattle, WA 98104
Select from the following:
Dr. Puttkammer has worked in public health programs in the US, Africa and the Caribbean for more than 30 years. Her interests are in strengthening health information systems and promoting data use for improvement of the HIV care cascade in resource-limited settings. Trained as a health services researcher, she specializing in using observational, routinely-collected data from electronic medical records (EMRs) to strengthen HIV care and treatment programs. As a faculty member at the International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) and co-lead of the Digital Initiatives Group at I-TECH (DIGI), Dr. Puttkammer works with informatics projects to improve national health information systems, evaluate data quality and data use, support data analyses, and develop capacity for data use and implementation science research. Dr. Puttkammer also directs the new Doctor of Global Health Leadership and Practice (DrGH) degree program in the UW Department of Global Health.
- PhD (University of Washington)
- MPH (University of California (Berkeley))
- BA (Princeton University)
- Distance Learning
- Health Information Systems
- Health Systems Strengthening and Human Resources Development
- Implementation Science
- Metrics and Evaluation
- Qualitative Research and Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Development, Implementation, Use and Evaluation of Interoperable Health Information Systems to Achieve HIV/AIDS and TB Epidemic Control through Improved Health Informatics Policy, Governance, Workforce Capacity, and Systems under PEPFAR
- Capacity Building and Sustainable Health Systems Strengthening in Haiti
- I-TECH Haiti/Centre Haïtien pour le Renforcement du Système de Santé (CHARESS)
- International AIDS Education and Training Center (IAETC) Ukraine
Celestin K, Allorant, Virgin M, Marinho E, Francois K, Honoré JG, White C, Valles JS, Perrin G, De Kerorguen N, Flowers J, Balan JG, Koama JB, Barnhart S, Puttkammer N. Short-Term Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on HIV Care Utilization, Service Delivery, and Continuity of HIV Antiretroviral Treatment (ART) in Haiti. AIDS and Behavior, 25 (5) , pp.1366-1372.
Allorant A, Parrish C, Desforges G, Robin E, Honore JG, Puttkammer N. Closing the gap in implementation of HIV clinical guidelines in a low resource setting using electronic medical records. BMC Health Serv Res. 2020 Aug 26;20(1):804. PMCID: PMC7449080.
Puttkammer N, Simoni JM, Sandifer T, Chery JM, Dervis W, Balan JG, et al. An EMR-Based Alert with Brief Provider-Led ART Adherence Counseling: Promising Results of the InfoPlus Adherence Pilot Study Among Haitian Adults with HIV Initiating ART. AIDS Behav 2020. PMID: 32715409.
Puttkammer N, Parrish C, Desir Y, Hyppolite N, Wagenaar B, Joseph N, et al. Toward Universal HIV Treatment in Haiti: Time Trends in ART Retention Following Expanded ART Eligibility in a National Cohort from 2011-17. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, 14 Feb 2020. PMID: 32084052.
Muthee V, Bochner AF, Osterman A, Liku N, Akhwale W, Kwach J, Prachi M, Wamicwe J, Odhiambo J, Onyango F, Puttkammer N. The impact of routine data quality assessments on electronic medical record data quality in Kenya. Plos One 2018; 13(4): e0195362. 5905951.