- Associate Professor, Global Health
- Associate Professor, Allergy and Infectious Dis.
- Associate Professor, Pediatrics
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Epidemiology
International AIDS Research and Training Program
325 Ninth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
Select from the following:
- MPH (Tufts University)
- BA (Pitzer College)
- MD (Tufts University)
- Child and Adolescent Health (incl. Pediatrics)
- Diarrheal Diseases
- Infectious Diseases (other than STDs)
- Neglected Diseases, Tropical Medicine (incl. Parasites)
- Natural History Museum, London
- Center for AIDS Research (UW and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center)
- Global Center for Integrated Health of Women, Adolescents and Children (Global WACh)
- Kenya Research & Training Center
- Partnership for Innovative Medical Education in Kenya (PRIME-K)
- PhD in Global Health: Metrics & Implementation Science
- Strategic Analysis, Research & Training (START) Center
- Strengthening Care Opportunities through Partnership in Ethiopia (SCOPE)
- Building the evidence base for appropriate care of the sick, undernourished child in limited resource settings: Migori Site
- A Novel Approach to Evaluate Caregiver to Child Transmission of Cryptosporidium
- Azithromycin to prevent post-discharge mortality and morbidity in Kenyan children
- Building the Evidence Base for Appropriate Care of the Sick, Undernourished Child in Limited Resource Setting
- Field studies on feasibility of elimination of Soil Transmitted Helminths (STH) (DEWORM3)
- Improved Management to Increase Survival and Growth in Young Children at High Risk of Diarrhea Associated Mortality
Walson J, Singa B, Sangaré L, Naulikha J, Piper B, Richardson B, Otieno PA, Mbogo LW, Berkley JA, John-Stewart G. Empiric deworming to delay HIV disease progression in adults with HIV who are ineligible for initiation of antiretroviral treatment (the HEAT study): a multi-site, randomised trial. Lancet Infect Dis. 2012 December; 12(12):925-32. PMID22971323.
Pavlinac PB, John-Stewart GC, Naulikha JM, Onchiri FM, Denno DM, Odundo EA, Singa BO, Richardson BA, Walson JL. High-risk enteric pathogens associated with HIV infection and HIV exposure in Kenyan children with acute diarrhea. AIDS. 2014 Sep 24; 28(15):2287-96. PMCID:PMC4346243.
Pavlinac PB, Denno DM, John-Stewart GC, Onchiri FM, Naulikha JM, Odundo EA, Hulseberg CE, Singa BO, Manhart LE, Walson JL. Failure of syndrome-based diarrhea management guidelines to detect Shigella infections in Kenyan children. J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc. 2015 July (Advance Access). PMID26407270.
Mosites EM, Thumbi SM, Otiang E, McElwain T, Njenga MK, Rabinowitz PM, Rowhani-Rahbar A, Neuhouser ML, May S, Palmer GH, Walson JL. Relations between Household Livestock ownership, Livestock Disease, and Young Child Growth. J Nutr. 2016. May;146(5):1118-24. PMCID:PMC4841921.
Arndt MB, Richardson BA, Ahmed T, Mahfuz M, Haque R, John-Stewart GC, Denno DM, Petri WA, Kosek M, Walson JL. In coordination with the MAL-ED Network Project. Fecal markers of environmental enteropathy and subsequent growth in Bangladeshi children. Am J Trop Med Hyg, 2016. Jun 27