- Associate Professor, Global Health
- Associate Professor, Medicine - Allergy and Infectious Dis.
- Associate Professor, Pediatrics
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Epidemiology
University of Washington
Select from the following:
- MPH (Tufts University)
- BA (Pitzer College)
- MD (Tufts University)
- Causes of Death
- Child and Adolescent Health (incl. Pediatrics)
- Child Mortality
- Diarrheal Diseases
- Education and Training
- Health Interventions
- Health Outcomes
- Health Technologies
- Implementation Science
- Infectious Diseases (other than STDs)
- Leadership and Organizational Development
- Maternal Child Health (incl. Reproductive Health)
- Neglected Diseases, Tropical Medicine (incl. Parasites)
- Nutrition, Clean Water, and Food Security
- Pulmonary Diseases and Pneumonia
- Natural History Museum, London
- Center for AIDS Research (UW and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center)
- Global Center for Integrated Health of Women, Adolescents and Children (Global WACh)
- Kenya Research & Training Center
- Partnership for Innovative Medical Education in Kenya (PRIME-K)
- PhD in Global Health: Metrics & Implementation Science
- Strategic Analysis, Research & Training (START) Center
- Strengthening Care Opportunities through Partnership in Ethiopia (SCOPE)
- Building the evidence base for appropriate care of the sick, undernourished child in limited resource settings: Migori Site
- Azithromycin to prevent post-discharge mortality and morbidity in Kenyan children
- Building the Evidence Base for Appropriate Care of the Sick, Undernourished Child in Limited Resource Setting
- Field studies on feasibility of elimination of Soil Transmitted Helminths (STH) (DEWORM3)
- Improved Management to Increase Survival and Growth in Young Children at High Risk of Diarrhea Associated Mortality
Walson J, Singa B, Sangaré L, Naulikha J, Piper B, Richardson B, Otieno PA, Mbogo LW, Berkley JA, John-Stewart G. Empiric deworming to delay HIV disease progression in adults with HIV who are ineligible for initiation of antiretroviral treatment (the HEAT study): a multi-site, randomized trial. Lancet Infect Dis. 2012 December 12;(12):925-32.
Walson JL, Sangaré LR, Singa BO, Naulikha JM, Piper BK, Yuhas K, Onchiri FM, Otieno PA, Mermin J, Zeh C, Richardson BA, John-Stewart G. Evaluation of impact of long-lasting insecticide-treated bed nets and a point-of-use water filters on HIV-1 disease progression in Kenya. AIDS. 2013 Jun 1;27(9):1493-501.
Pavlinac PB, John-Stewart GC, Naulikha JM, Onchiri FM, Denno DM, Odundo EA, Singa BO, Richardson BA, Walson JL. High-risk enteric pathogens associated with HIV infection and HIV exposure in Kenyan children with acute diarrhea. AIDS. 2014 Sep 24; 28(15):2287-96.
Pavlinac PB, Denno DM, John-Stewart GC, Onchiri FM, Naulikha JM, Odundo EA, Hulseberg CE, Singa BO, Manhart LE, Walson JL. Failure of syndrome-based diarrhea management guidelines to detect Shigella infections in Kenyan children. J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc. 2016 Dec; 5(4):366-374.
Means AR, Asbjornsdottir K, Mwandawiro C, Rollinson D, Jacobson J, Littlewood T, Walson JL. Sustaining progress towards NTD Elimination: An opportunity to leverage Lymphatic Filariasis Elimination programs to interrupt transmission of soil-transmitted Helminths. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2016 Jul; 10(7):e0004737.