- Affiliate Professor, Global Health
- Investigator, Asociación Civil Impacta Salud y Educación
Barranco - Lima
Select from the following:
Dr. Jorge Sanchez is an infectious diseases specialist from Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia with a master’s degree in Public Health from the University of Washington. From 1992 to 2000 worked as a University of Washington consultant in HIV/STI research and training, with focus on Central America and Caribbean countries. From 1995 to 2000 directed the Peruvian AIDS Control Program and was Minister of Health´s Advisor. Since year 2000, Dr. Sanchez has been the Principal Investigator for Peru of the US NIH/NIAID/DAIDS Clinical research sites serving the HIV Prevention Trial Network (HPTN) and the HIV Vaccine Trial Network (HVTN). In 2003 the focus of the Peruvian sites was expanded to implement research for the Adult AIDS Clinical Trial Network and in year 2008 for the Microbicides Trial Network and the International Network for Strategic Inistiativ in Global HIV Trials through up to 9 CRSs. Dr. Sanchez have been deeply involved in the development and implementation of the research agenda of the DAIDS-funded Networks serving as protocol team member of several study teams and member of several network research committees. Currently Co-Chair of the HVTN 706 MOSAICO Study.
- MPH (University of Washington)
- MD (Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia)
- STDs (other than HIV)
- A Study to Assess the Efficacy of a Heterologous Prime/Boost Vaccine Regimen of Ad26.Mos4.HIV and Aluminum Phosphate-Adjuvanted Clade C gp140 in Preventing Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) -1 Infection in Women in Sub-Saharan Africa
- DIADS-funded Peru Clinical Trial Unit
- HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN)
- IMPACTA PERU Clinical Trials Unit (CTU)
- Multi-center, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Phase 3 Efficacy Study of a Heterologous Vaccine Regimen of Ad26.Mos4.HIV and Adjuvanted Clade C gp140 and Mosaic gp140 to Prevent HIV-1 Infection Among Cis-gender Men and transgender Individuals
Celum C, Hong T, Cent A, Donnell D, Morrow R, Baeten JM, Firnhaber C, Grinsztejn B, Hosseinipour MC, Lalloo U, Nyirenda M, Riviere C, Sanchez J, Santos B, Supparatpinyo K, Hakim J, Kumarasamy N, Campbell TB; ACTG PEARLS/A5175 Team. Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2 Acquisition Among HIV-1-Infected Adults Treated With Tenofovir Disoproxyl Fumarate as Part of Combination Antiretroviral Therapy:Results From the ACTG A5175 PEARLS Study. J Infect Dis. 2017 Mar 15;215(6):907-910. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jix029. PubMed PMID: 28453835; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5406847.
Reisner SL, Perez-Brumer AG, McLean SA, Lama JR, Silva-Santisteban A, Huerta L, Sanchez J, Clark JL, Mimiaga MJ, Mayer KH. Perceived Barriers and Facilitators to Integrating HIV Prevention and Treatment with Cross-Sex Hormone Therapy for Transgender Women in Lima, Peru. AIDS Behav. 2017 Apr 18. doi:10.1007/s10461-017-1768-8. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28421354.
Weikum D, Shrestha R, Ferro EG, Vagenas P, Copenhaver M, Spudich S, Alpert MD,Cabello R, Lama JR, Sanchez J, Altice FL. An explanatory factor analysis of a brief self-report scale to detect neurocognitive impairment among HIV-positive men who have sex with men and transgender women in Peru. AIDS Care. 2017 Apr 27:1-5. doi: 10.1080/09540121.2017.1322681. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID:2 8449599.
Clark JL, Segura ER, Oldenburg CE, Rios J, Montano SM, Perez-Brumer A,Villaran M, Sanchez J, Coates TJ, Lama JR. Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT) increases the frequency of partner notification among MSM in Lima, Peru: a pilot randomized controlled trial. BMC Med. 2017 May 4;15(1):94. doi:10.1186/s12916-017-0858-9. PubMed PMID: 28468648; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5415724.
Pizzicato LN, Vagenas P, Gonzales P, Lama JR, Pun M, Sanchez J, Altice FL.Active syphilis and its association with HIV and sexual risk behaviours in a multicity sample of men who have sex with men and transgender women in Peru. Sex Health. 2017 May 18. doi: 10.1071/SH16149. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28514994.
1. 126. Celum C, Hong T, Cent A, Donnell D, Morrow R, Baeten JM, Firnhaber C, Grinsztejn B, Hosseinipour MC, Lalloo U, Nyirenda M, Riviere C, Sanchez J, Santos B, Supparatpinyo K, Hakim J, Kumarasamy N, Campbell TB; ACTG PEARLS/A5175 Team. Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2 Acquisition Among HIV-1-Infected Adults Treated With Tenofovir Disoproxyl Fumarate as Part of Combination Antiretroviral Therapy:Results From the ACTG A5175 PEARLS Study. J Infect Dis. 2017 Mar 15;215(6):907-910. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jix029. PubMed PMID: 28453835; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5406847.
2. Hyman Scott 1, Eric Vittinghoff 2, Risha Irvin 3, Albert Liu 4, LaRon Nelson 5, Carlos Del Rio 6, Manya Magnus 7, Sharon Mannheimer 8, Sheldon Fields 9, Hong Van Tieu 10, Irene Kuo 7, Steve Shoptaw 11, Beatriz Grinsztejn 12, Jorge Sanchez 13, Steven Wakefield 14, Jonathan D Fuchs 15, Darrell Wheeler 16, Kenneth H Mayer 17, Beryl A Koblin 10, Susan Buchbinder 4. Development and Validation of the Personalized Sexual Health Promotion (SexPro) HIV Risk Prediction Model for Men Who Have Sex With Men in the United States. AIDS Behav 2020 Jan;24(1):274-283.doi: 10.1007/s10461-019-02616-3.
3. Amita Gupta 1 2, Susan Swindells 3, Soyeon Kim 4, Michael D Hughes 5, Linda Naini 6, Xingye Wu 5, Rodney Dawson 7, Vidya Mave 1 2, Jorge Sanchez 8, Alberto Mendoza 9, Pedro Gonzales 8, Nagalingeswaran Kumarasamy 10, Kyla Comins 11, Francesca Conradie 12, Justin Shenje 13, Sandy Nerette Fontain 14, Anthony Garcia-Prats 15, Aida Asmelash 16, Supalert Nedsuwan 17, Lerato Mohapi 18, Umesh G Lalloo 19, Ana Cristina Garcia Ferreira 20, Christopher Mugah 21, Mark Harrington 22, Lynne Jones 4, Samyra R Cox 1, Betsy Smith 23, N Sarita Shah 24, Anneke C Hesseling 15, Gavin Churchyard 25 26 27 Feasibility of Identifying Household Contacts of Rifampin-and Multidrug-resistant Tuberculosis Cases at High Risk of Progression to Tuberculosis Disease. Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Feb 1; 70(3): 425–435. Published online 2019 Mar 28. doi: 10.1093/cid/ciz235. PMCID: PMC7188224. PMID: 30942853.