- Clinical Assistant Professor, Global Health
Select from the following:
Florindo M. Mudender, PhD, MSc is a public health professional with extensive experience working in government and international organizations. He has extensive experience collaborating with civil society as well as government funders. He is a proven leader of complex HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis (TB) programs, including antiretroviral treatment (ART) scale-up, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC), and quality improvement of clinical care and prevention activities.
He was a member of the public education system of Mozambique, for technical-professional and university, with emphasis on the training of health professionals. These activities were developed in parallel with those of public health professional in the Ministry of Health of Mozambique.
Since 2005 the area of HIV/AIDS has been the center of his professional interest in which he plays in mentoring, research, program coordination of activities including the direction of entities. Since 2013 he plays the roles of Country Representative of I-TECH in Mozambique.
- PhD (Universidad de Valencia)
- MS (Universidad de Valencia)
- Cervical Cancer
- Clinical Mentoring
- Community Health Workers
- Distance Learning
- Education and Training
- Health Information Systems
- Health Policy and Advocacy
- Health Promotion
- HIV Transmission
- Implementation Science
- Male Circumcision
- Mental Health
- Continuous Medical Education, Distance Learning, and Consultation Warmline
- Expansion of Index Case Strategy to increase HIV+ case finding and improve continuum of care
- I-TECH Mozambique
- Improving the Quality, Safety, and Productivity of the National Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Program
- MOZAMBICAN MINISTRY OF HEALTH HIV ART THERAPEUTIC COMMITTEES- TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO EXPAND ACCESS TO SECOND-LINE ART AND ACHIEVE VIRAL SUPPRESSION
- QUALITY IMPROVEMENT (QI) OF PRIMARY HEALTH CARE AND HIV SERVICES: TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE (TA) TO THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH (MOH) AND IMPLEMENTING PARTNERS TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF HIV AND PRIMARY HEALTH CARE (PHC) SERVICES ACTIVITIES
- Support to the Mozambican Ministry of Health HIV ART Therapeutic Committees
Dawson-Rose C, Gutin SA, Mudender F, Hunguana E, Kevany S. Effects of a peer educator program for HIV status disclosure and health system strengthening: Findings from a clinic-based disclosure support program in Mozambique. PLoS One. 2020 May 6;15(5):e0232347. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0232347.
Carol Dawson-Rose, Sarah A. Gutin, Elsa Hunguana, Florindo Mudender & Sebastian Kavany. Capacity building, local ownership and implementation of a multi-level HIV/AIDS positive health, dignity, and prevention initiative in Mozambique: approach, challenges and lessons learned. Article: 1769900 | Received 31 Oct 2019, Accepted 06 Apr 2020, Published online: 03 Jul 2020.
2019- Han H, Meyers S, Mboh Khan E, Masyuko SJ, Paredes Z, Chimoun FT, Mudender F, Wamuti BM, Nambu W, Kemunto E, Mugambi M, Kariithi E, Golden MR, Tih PM, Welty T, Farquhar C. Assisted HIV partner services training in three sub-Saharan African countries: facilitators and barriers to sustainable approaches. J Int AIDS Soc. 2019 Jul;22 Suppl 3:e25307. doi: 10.1002/jia2.25307.
2017- Maria Ruano Camps, MD1 , Paula E. Brentlinger, MD, MPH2 , Gerito Augusto, PhD1 , Alexandre Nguimfack, MD1 , and Florindo Mudender PhD (2017). Association of HIV/AIDS Clinician Warm Line Utilization with Diagnosis and Management of Antiretroviral Treatment Failure in Mozambique: A Retrospective Analysis of Program Data. Journal of the International Association of Providers of AIDS Care 16(4).
2010- Brentlinger, P. E., Assan, A., Mudender, F., Ghee, A. E., Vallejo Torres, J., Martínez Martínez, P., Nelson, L. J. (2010). Task shifting in Mozambique: Cross-sectional evaluation of non-physician clinicians' performance in HIV/AIDS care. Human Resources for Health, 8, . 10.1186/1478-4491-8-23.