- Professor, Global Health
- Professor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Acting Associate Dean, School of Public Health
325 9th Ave
Seattle, WA 98104
Select from the following:
Deepa Rao, Ph.D., M.A. is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Professor at the University of Washington, Seattle. She is the Director of the Global Health MPH program as well as Associate Director of Global Mental Health in the Department of Global Health. Her professional interests are in implementing and disseminating effective behavioral interventions in non-psychiatric settings to improve mental health, reduce stigma, and help people better engage in the care.
- PhD (Illinois Institute of Technology)
- MA (University of Chicago)
- BA (University of Chicago)
- Chronic Disease (incl. Cardiovascular, Diabetes)
- Education and Training
- Health Disparities
- Health Interventions
- Immigrants and Refugees
- Implementation Science
- Mental Health
- Social Justice and Human Rights
Global Mental Health, Stigma Reduction, Chronic Disease, HIV/AIDS, and Social Justice and Human Rights
- ALMA: A Randomized Control Trial of an Intervention to Reduce Mental Health Disparities among Mexican Immigrant Women
- CFAR: Behavioral Science Core
- South Africa: Strengthening the Evidence Base and Capacity for Implementing HIV Prevention
- Southern Africa Research Collaboration for Mental Health Integration
Rao, D., Elshafei, A., Nguyen, M., Hatzenbuehler, M.L., Frey, S., Go, V. (2019). Multi-level Stigma Interventions: State of the Science and Future Directions. BMC Medicine, 17(1).
Rao, D., Andrasik, M., Lipira, L. (2018). HIV Stigma among Black Women in the United States: Intersectionality, Support, Resilience. American Journal of Public Health, 108 (4), 446-448.
Kemp, C., Lipira, L., Huh, D., Nevin, P.E., Turan, J., Simoni, J.M., Cohn, S.E., Bahk, M., Berzins, B., Andrasik, M., Mugavero, M., Rao, D.* (2019). HIV stigma and viral load among African-American women receiving treatment for HIV: A longitudinal analysis. AIDS, 33(9):1511-1519.
Rao, D., Kumar, S., Mohanraj, R., Frey, S., Manhart, L., Kaysen, D. (2016). The Impact of Domestic Violence and Depressive Symptoms on Preterm Birth in South India. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 51(2), 225-232.