- Professor, Global Health
- Professor, Health Services
University of Washington
Select from the following:
Bryan Weiner, PhD, is Professor, Department of Global Health and Department of Health Services, at the University of Washington. Dr. Weiner’s research focuses on the adoption, implementation, and sustainability of innovations and evidence-based practices in health care delivery and other organizational settings. He has studied a wide range of innovations including quality improvement practices, care management practices, patient safety practices, clinical information systems, collaborative service delivery models, cancer prevention and control in communities, and evidence-based diabetes practices. His research has advanced implementation science by creating new knowledge about the organizational determinants of effective implementation, introducing and developing new theories, and improving the state of measurement in the field.
- PhD (University of Michigan)
- MA (University of Michigan)
- BA (University of California (Santa Cruz))
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cervical Cancer
- Implementation Science
- Non-Communicable Diseases
- Qualitative Research and Methods
- Building and Sustaining Interventions for Children (BASIC): Task-sharing mental health care in low-resource settings
- Facilitation, Spread and Translation of Patient-Centered Evidence in NC Practices (FAST PACE NC)
- Implementing Assisted Partner Services to HIV Test and Treat Men in Western Kenya
- Spreading the Integrated District Evidence-to-Action Program for Neonatal Mortality Reduction (IDEAs) in Mozambique
- Systems analysis and improvement approach to optimize task-shifted mental health diagnosis and treatment cascades (SAIA-MH)
Weiner BJ. A theory of organizational readiness for change. Implement Sci 2009 Oct;4:67. PMCID: PMC2770024.
Weiner BJ, Lewis MA, Linnan LA. Using organization theory to understand the determinants of effective implementation of worksite health promotion programs. Health Educ Res 2009 Apr;24(2):292-305.
Weiner BJ, Lewis MA, Clauser SB, Stitzenberg K. In search of synergy: strategies for combining interventions at multiple levels. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2012, 44:34-41.