- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Global Health
- Assistant Professor, Medicine - Allergy and Infectious Dis.
750 Republican Street, Room E770
Seattle, WA 98109
Dr. Ana Weil studies the relationship between the gut microbiome and immune responses to enteric diseases. Using molecular, genomic and immunologic methods, she investigates how the gut microbiome influences susceptibility to enteric infections, modulation of immune responses by the gut microbiome, and pathogen-gut microbe interactions at the mucosal surface.
She works with several US-based collaborators and the International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh.
- MPH, Johns Hopkins University of Public Health
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Enteric disease and the gut microbiome
- Immune responses to Vibrio cholerae infection
- Responses to oral cholera vaccines
- Enteroid models of disease
- Host-pathogen interactions at the mucosal surface