The University of Washington’s Department of Global Health MPH program is one of the premier global health programs in the world. The program offers a social justice and practical skills-based framework so graduates can make a difference wherever they work. Students exit with core public health skills in research, analytic methods, proposal development, management, implementation science, health metrics and evaluation, and a deeper understanding of the social, economic, and political determinants of health, and the history of global responses to health problems. Our students and alumni tell us the below are some of the reasons they choose the University of Washington.
- interdisciplinary approach to global health issues
- cohort-based programing with 35-50 new students annually, including approximately 1/3 foreign students
- collaborative student environment
- accessible faculty with decades of experience in global health who combine teaching, research, and practice
- long-term partnerships with organizations locally and around the world