The Department of Global Health is excited to announce five funding opportunities for travel support and fieldwork experiences for graduate and professional students, and medical residents at the University of Washington.
These funding opportunities are administered by the Global Health Resource Center and provide assistance for costs associated with doing fieldwork outside of Seattle. Applications for each may be submitted via a Common Application and Catalyst Dropbox. Visit each fellowship page to learn more and apply now! The deadline is 11:59 p.m., Friday, February 27, 2015.
- George Povey Social Justice and Activism in Global Health Fellowship
- Global Opportunities in Health (GO Health) Fellowship
- Strengthening Caring Opportunities through Partnership in Ethiopia (SCOPE) Fellowship
- Stergachis Endowed Fellowship in International Exchange
- Thomas Francis, Jr. Global Health Fellowship
Applicants are required to use the Common Application and Catalyst Dropbox to complete their application. Students are encouraged to apply for more than one fellowship, but are only eligible to receive one award per application cycle. If a student is awarded and accepts the fellowship, they must immediately withdraw their applications to other Department of Global Health fellowships or funded programs. Fellowship recipients must meet all program deadlines and program requirements, including attendance at a mandatory pre-departure orientation on Sunday, May 3, 2015.
Common eligibility criteria:
- Graduate or professional students enrolled in a full-time University of Washington degree program.
- Medical residents enrolled in a University of Washington residency program are eligible to apply for:
-- George Povey Social Justice and Activism in Global Health Fellowship
-- Global Opportunities (GO) Health Fellowship
- Good academic standing.
- Not currently receiving another DGH award or fellowship for the same time period, or for the same program or fieldwork experience.
- Medical and post-doc fellows, and undergraduates are NOT eligible for any of these awards.
Please review the criteria for each of the awards to ensure that you have submitted the proper documentation to complete the process. Apply now using the Common Application. All documents must be submitted via Catalyst Dropbox by 11:59 p.m., Friday, February 27, 2015.