- Associate Professor, Global Health
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Epidemiology
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Industrial & Systems Engineering
Health Alliance International
1107 NE 45th Street, Suite 350
Seattle, WA 98105
Select from the following:
Kenneth Sherr is Director of Mozambique Programs and Director of Implementation Science for Health Alliance International. He was one of five scientists honored with a Young Investigator Award at the 2008 Global AIDS Conference in Mexico City. Sherr's abstract was titled, "Task shifting to mid-level clinical health providers: An evaluation of quality of ART [antiretroviraltreatment] provided by 'tecnicos de medicina' and physicians in Mozambique."
- PhD (University of Washington)
- MPH (University of Washington)
- BA (Kenyon College)
- Health Systems Strengthening and Human Resources
- Implementation Science
- Center for AIDS Research (UW and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center)
- Health Alliance International (HAI)
- Mozambique Ministry of Health's Beira Operations Research Center
- PhD in Global Health: Metrics & Implementation Science
Community-based disease surveillance, immunization monitoring, HIV/AIDS and program design and managemen; ART adherence
- Access, Bottlenecks, Cost and Equity Health Facility Survey in Mozambique
- Cost and Effectiveness of Systems Analysis & Improvement Approach for pMTCT
- Gavi Full Country Evaluation
- Operations Research Center
- Operations Research Trainings
- Prevalence, Risk and Protective Factors, Care Seeking and the Socio-Cultural Context for Common Mental Disorders in Sofala Province, Mozambique
- Stengthening Data Systems to Improve Delivery of Health Services in Mozambique
- The Global Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Forum
- University of Nairobi HIV Fellowship
Sherr K, Cuembelo F, Michel C, Gimbel S, Micek M, Kariaganis M, Pio A, Manuel J, Pfeiffer J, Gloyd S. Strengthening integrated primary health care in Sofala, Mozambique. Biomedical Central Health Services Research. 2013;13(Suppl2):S1.
Sherr K, Requejo J, Basinga P. Implementation research to catalyze advances in health systems strengthening in sub-Saharan Africa: the African Health Initiative. Biomedical Central Health Services Research. 2013;13(Suppl2):S4.
Sherr K, Mussa A, Chilundo B, Gimbel S, Pfeiffer J, Hagopian A, Gloyd S. Brain drain and health workforce distortions in Mozambique. PLoS ONE. 2012: 7(4).
Gimbel S, Micek M, Lambdin B, Lara J, Karagianis M, Cuembelo F, Gloyd S, Pfeiffer J, Sherr K. An assessment of routine primary care health information system data quality in Sofala, Mozambique. Population Health Metrics. 2011;9:12. PMCID: PMC3112390.
Sherr K, Micek M, Gimbel S, Gloyd S, Hughes J, John-Stewart G, Manjate R, Pfeiffer J, Weiss N. Quality of HIV care provided by non-physician clinicians and physicians in Mozambique: a retrospective cohort study. AIDS. 2010;24:S59-66. PMCID: PMC3372417.
Brentlinger P, Dgedge M, Correia MA, Rojas AJ, Saúte F, Gimbel-Sherr K, Stubbs B, Mercer MA, Gloyd S. Intermittent preventive treatment of malaria during pregnancy in central Mozambique. Bull World Health Organ. 2007;85(11): 873-9. PMCID: PMC2636267.