- Associate Professor, Global Health
- Associate Professor, Allergy and Infectious Dis.
- Associate Professor, Pediatrics
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Epidemiology
International AIDS Research and Training Program
325 Ninth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
Select from the following:
- MPH (Tufts University)
- BA (Pitzer College)
- MD (Tufts University)
- Child and Adolescent Health (incl. Pediatrics)
- Diarrheal Diseases
- Infectious Diseases (other than STDs)
- Center for AIDS Research (UW and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center)
- Global Center for Integrated Health of Women, Adolescents and Children (Global WACh)
- Kenya Research & Training Center
- Partnership for Innovative Medical Education in Kenya (PRIME-K)
- PhD in Global Health: Metrics & Implementation Science
- Strategic Analysis, Research & Training (START) Center
- Strengthening Care Opportunities through Partnership in Ethiopia (SCOPE)
- AIDS-Associated Infections and Malignancies
- Azithromycin to prevent post-discharge mortality and morbidity in Kenyan children
- Cytokine Expression Profiles in Kenyan Children with Helminth Infection
- ERIN CRC: Molecular Basis of Nontyphoidal Salmonella Emergence
- Improving MDA Efficiency and Effectiveness
Gerns HL, Sangaré LR, Walson JL. Integration of Deworming into HIV Care and Treatment: A Neglected Opportunity. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2012 Jul;6(7):e1738. Epub 2012 Jul 31. PMID: 22860143.
Nnedu ON, John-Stewart GC, Singa BO, Piper B, Otieno PA, Guidry A, Richardson BA, Walson J.Prevalence and correlates of insecticide-treated bednet use among HIV-1-infected adults in Kenya. AIDS Care. 2012 Apr 26. PMID: 22533793.
Sangaré LR, Herrin BR, John-Stewart G, Walson JL. Species-specific treatment effects of helminth/HIV-1 co-infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Parasitology. 2011 Oct;138(12):1546-58. Epub 2011 May 18. Review. Erratum in: Parasitology. 2011 Oct;138(12):1558. Herrin, Bradely R [corrected to Herrin, Bradley R]. PMID: 21729353.
Blish CA, Sangaré L, Herrin BR, Richardson BA, John-Stewart G, Walson JL. Changes in plasma cytokines after treatment of ascaris lumbricoides infection in individuals with HIV-1 infection. J Infect Dis. 2010 Jun 15;201(12):1816-21. PMID: 20441516.
Walson JL, Stewart BT, Sangaré L, Mbogo LW, Otieno PA, Piper BK, Richardson BA, John-Stewart G. Prevalence and correlates of helminth co-infection in Kenyan HIV-1 infected adults. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2010 Mar 30;4(3):e644. PMID: 20361031.