- Associate Professor, Global Health
- Associate Professor, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
Ninth and Jefferson Building, 13th Floor
908 Jefferson Street
Seattle, WA 98104
Select from the following:
Deepa Rao, PhD, is a Clinical Psychologist and Associate Professor at the University of Washington. Her professional interests are in designing effective interventions to improve mental health and reduce stigma for vulnerable populations worldwide.
- PhD (Illinois Institute of Technology)
- MA (University of Chicago)
- BA (University of Chicago)
- Mental Health
- Social Justice and Human Rights
Global Mental Health, Stigma Reduction, Chronic Disease, HIV/AIDS, and Social Justice and Human Rights
- GH14-1403, S. Africa: Strengthening the Evidence Base and Capacity for Implementing HIV Prevention
- Integrated Care for Co-morbid Depression and Diabetes in India
- Mental Health Research Training for Improved Health Outcomes in Kenya
- Prevalence, Risk and Protective Factors, Care Seeking, and the Sociocultural Context for Common Mental Disorders in Sofala Province, Mozambique
- Reducing HIV Stigma to Improve Health Outcomes for African American Women
- Runachay: Information and Communication Technologies for Global Health Research
- Task Sharing Mental Health Services Within HIV Care in South Africa
Meacham, E.G., Orem, J., Nakigudde, G., Zujewski, J., Rao, D.* (In Press). Exploring Stigma as a Barrier to Cancer Service Engagement: Illness Narratives and Scale Development with Breast Cancer Survivors in Kampala, Uganda. Psycho-oncology.
Kemp C, Gerth-Guyette E, Dube L, Andrasik M, Rao D.* (In Press). Mixed-Methods Evaluation of a Novel, Structured, Community-Based Support and Education Intervention for Individuals with HIV/AIDS in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. AIDS and Behavior.
Rao, D., Kumar, S., Mohanraj, R., Frey, S., Manhart, L., Kaysen, D. (2016). The Impact of Domestic Violence and Depressive Symptoms on Preterm Birth in South India. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology.
Rao, D., Desmond, M., Andrasik, M., Rasberry, T., Lambert, N., Cohn, S., Simoni, J. (2012). Feasibility, Acceptability, and Preliminary Efficacy of the ‘Unity Workshop’: An Internalized Stigma Reduction Intervention for African-American Women Living with HIV. AIDS Patient Care and STDs, 26(10):614-620. PMCID: PMC3462391