- Associate Professor, Global Health
- Associate Professor, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
Ninth and Jefferson Building, 13th Floor
908 Jefferson Street
Seattle, WA 98104
Select from the following:
Deepa Rao, PhD, is a Clinical Psychologist and Associate Professor at the University of Washington. Her professional interests are in designing effective interventions to improve mental health and reduce stigma for vulnerable populations worldwide.
- PhD (Illinois Institute of Technology)
- MA (University of Chicago)
- BA (University of Chicago)
- Mental Health
- Social Justice and Human Rights
- Center for AIDS Research (UW and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center)
- International Training & Education Center for Health (I-TECH)
- Partnership for Innovative Medical Education in Kenya (PRIME-K)
- PhD in Global Health: Metrics & Implementation Science
- Program on Global Mental Health
Global Mental Health, Stigma Reduction, Chronic Disease, HIV/AIDS, and Social Justice and Human Rights
Rao, D., Desmond, M., Andrasik, M., Rasberry, T., Lambert, N., Cohn, S., Simoni, J. (2012). Feasibility, Acceptability, and Preliminary Efficacy of the 'Unity Workshop': An Internalized Stigma Reduction Intervention for African-American Women Living with HIV. AIDS Patient Care and STDs, 26(10):614-620.
Rao, D., Horton, R., Raguram, R. (2012). Gender Inequality and Structural Violence among Depressed Women in South India. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 47(12):1967-75.
Molina, Y., Choi, S., Cella, D., Rao, D.* (In Press). The Stigma Scale for Chronic Illnesses 8-item version (SSCI-8): Development, validation, and use across neurological conditions. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. NIHMSID #363920.
Corrigan, P.W., Rao, D. (2012). On the Self-Stigma of Mental Illness: Stages, Disclosure, and Strategies for Change. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 57(8):464-9, NIHMSID363969.
Rao, D., Feldman, B.J., Fredericksen, R.J., Crane, P.K., Simoni, J.M., Kitahata, M.M., Crane, H.M. (2011). A Structural Equation Model of HIV-Related Stigma, Depressive Symptoms, on Medication Adherence. AIDS and Behavior, epub ahead of print. NIHMSID #278611.