- Professor, Global Health
- Professor, Medicine - General Internal Medicine
325 Ninth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
Select from the following:
I am interested in health systems strengthening, universal health care and transition of the majority of development work to local organizations. I currently work with teams on projects such as providing VMMC at scale and development and deployment of health information systems.
- MD (George Washington University)
- MPH (University of Washington)
- Health Information Systems
- Health Systems Strengthening and Human Resources Development
- Social Determinants of Health
- Social Justice and Human Rights
- Clinical and Public Health Curriculum Development Training and Information Systems Support for Haiti
- I-TECH Haiti/Centre Haïtien pour le Renforcement du Système de Santé (CHARESS)
- I-TECH Zimbabwe
- Scaling Up Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) to Prevent HIV Transmission in Zimbabwe
- Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision- ZAZIC Consortium in Zimbabwe
Puttkammer N, Zeliadt S, Balan JG, Baseman J, Destiné R, Domerçant JW, France G, Hyppolite N, Pelletier V, Raphael NA, Sherr K, Yuhas K, Barnhart S. Development of an Electronic Medical Record Based Alert for Risk of HIV Treatment Failure in a Low-Resource Setting. PLoS One. 2014 Nov 12;9(11):e112261. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0112261. eCollection 2014
Galukande M, Katamba A, Nakasujja N, Baingana R, Bateganya M, Hagopian A, Tavrow P, Barnhart S, Luboga S. Developing hospital accreditation standards in Uganda. Int J Health Plann Manage. 2015 Oct 6. doi: 10.1002/hpm.2317.
Lippman SA, Shade SB, Sumitani J, DeKadt J, Gilvydis JM, Ratlhagana MJ, Grignon J, Tumbo J, Gilmore H, Agnew E, Saberi P, Barnhart S, Steward WT. Evaluation of short message service and peer navigation to improve engagement in HIV care in South Africa: study protocol for a three-arm cluster randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2016 Feb 6;17(1):68. doi: 10.1186/s13063-016-1190-y.
Kohler PK, Namate D, Barnhart S, Chimbwandira F, Tippet-Barr BA, Perdue T, Chilongozi DA, Tenthani L, Phiri O, Msungama W, Holmes KK, Krieger JN Classification and rates of adverse events in a Malawi male circumcision program: impact of quality improvement training. BMC Health Serv Res. 2016 Feb 17;16(1):61. doi: 10.1186/s12913-016-1305-x.
Luboga SA, Stover B, Lim TW, Makumbi F, Kiwanuka N, Lubega F, Ndizihiwe A, Mukooyo E, Hurley EK, Borse N, Wood A, Bernhardt J, Lohman N, Sheppard L, Barnhart S, Hagopian A. Did PEPFAR investments result in health system strengthening? A retrospective longitudinal study measuring non-HIV health service utilization at the district level. Health Policy Plan. 2016 Mar 27. pii: czw009. [Epub ahead of print]
Barnhart S. PEPFAR: is 90-90-90 magical thinking? Lancet. 2016 Mar 5;387(10022):943-4. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(16)00570-5. Epub 2016 Mar 4
Change in airflow among patients with asthma discussing relationship problems with their partners. Schmaling KB, Afari N, Hops H, Barnhart S, Buchwald D. J Health Psychol. 2009 Sep;14(6):715-20.