- Assistant Professor, Global Health
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Laboratory Medicine
- Director, Laboratory Systems Strengthening Team I-TECH
- Director, Certificate Program in Laboratory Leadership and Management
International Training & Education Center for Health (I-TECH)
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98105
Select from the following:
Dr. Lucy A. Perrone is a public health laboratory advisor specialized in infectious disease diagnosis, surveillance and response, and laboratory capacity building in resource-limited countries. Dr. Perrone has years of experience in these areas and has worked in multiple countries worldwide since 2009. Her areas of expertise include infectious disease diagnosis and surveillance, laboratory systems and capacity building, and improving human resources for health. Dr. Perrone is skilled in infectious disease epidemiology, evaluation of infectious disease surveillance programs, quality assurance of laboratory testing, developing international guidelines for the prevention and control of infectious diseases, as well as the training and mentoring of medical laboratory staff. Dr. Perrone is currently the Director of the Certificate Program in Laboratory Leadership and Management at the University of Washington.
- PhD (University of Texas (Galveston))
- MSPH (Tulane University)
- BS (Fordham University)
- Clinical Mentoring
- Distance Learning
- Health Systems Strengthening and Human Resources Development
- Laboratory Strengthening
- Leadership and Organizational Development
Clinical and public health laboratory capacity; laboratory systems strengthening; laboratory leadership and management; infectious disease diagnosis; surveillance and response; laboratory data utilization for evidence based decision making; One Health.
- I-TECH Certificate Program in Laboratory Leadership and Management
- I-TECH Technical Assistance to Lao PDR
- Implementation of an in-service training program to strengthen the quality and capacity of infectious disease diagnosis and surveillance in public health laboratories across the Mekong Delta region
- Mekong Health Collaborative
- Strengthening leadership and quality management systems for an improved and sustainable laboratory network in Cote d’Ivoire
- Support laboratory management and laboratory workforce development to promote integrated, evidence-based HIV/ TB patient services in South Africa
Perrone, LA, Voeurng, V, Sek,S, Song, S, Vong, N, Tous, C, Flandin, JF, Confer, D, Costa, A, Martin, R . Improving laboratory testing quality and capacity in Cambodia using a mentored laboratory quality stepwise implementation (LQSI) approach. Bull World Health Organ 2016;94:743–751
Perrone, LA, Confer, D, Scott, E, Livingston, L, Bradburn, C, McGee, A, Furtwangler, T, Downer, A, Mokdad, AH, Flandin, JF, Shotorbani, S, Asghar, H, Esmat Tolbah, H, Ahmed, HJ, Alwan, A, Martin, R. Implementation of a Mentored Professional Development Program in Laboratory Leadership and Management in 10 Countries in the Middle East and North Africa. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal. 2016;22 (11): 832-839.
Clegg CH, Roque R, Perrone LA, Rininger JA, Bowen R, Reed SG. GLA-AF, an emulsion-free vaccine adjuvant for pandemic influenza. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 14;9(2):e88979.
Perrone, LA, Belser, J.A., Wadford, D.A., Katz, JM, Tumpey, TM. Inducible nitric oxide contributes to viral pathogenesis following highly pathogenic influenza virus infection in mice. J Infect Dis. 2013 Mar 15.
Clegg, C, Roque, R, Van Hoeven, N, Perrone, LA, Baldwin, SL, Rininger, JA, Bowen, R, Reed, SG. Adjuvant Solution for Pandemic Influenza Vaccine Production. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012 Oct 23;109(43):17585-90.