- Associate Professor, Global Health
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Pharmacy
University of Washington
Global Medicines Program
Select from the following:
Joseph's main research interest is improving access to safe and cost-effective diagnostic technologies, medicines, and healthcare delivery platforms in low-income countries. He is involved in the development of methods for applied health economic evaluations specific to poor country settings. His areas of current study are male circumcision for HIV prevention, medicines regulation and quality assurance, alcohol use disorder, breast cancer treatment, and cervical cancer prevention.
- PhD (University of Washington)
- MS (Case Western Reserve University)
- MBChB (Mbarara University of Science and Technology)
- Cervical Cancer
- Distance Learning
- Health Economics
- Health Financing
- Health Outcomes
- Health Technologies
- Male Circumcision
- Mental Health
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Tobacco, Alcohol, and Drug Use
- A Framework for Risk-Based Resource Allocation for Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance at Medicines Regulatory Authorities in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
- Economic and Behavioral Psychological Determinants of the Demand for Medical male Circumcision for HIV Prevention
- Impact of a novel screening program to detect acute and prevalent HIV infection and reduce HIV transmission
Babigumira JB, Li M, Boudreau DM, Best JH, Garrison LP, Jr. Estimating the Cost of Illness of Giant Cell Arteritis in the United States. Rheumatology and therapy. 2017. Epub 2017/01/14. doi: 10.1007/s40744-017-0052-8. PubMed PMID: 28084585.
Watkins D, Lubinga SJ, Mayosi B, Babigumira JB: A Cost-Effectiveness Tool to Guide the Prioritization of Interventions for Rheumatic Fever and Rheumatic Heart Disease Control in African Nations. PLoS neglected tropical diseases 2016, 10(8):e0004860.
Vodicka EL, Babigumira JB, Mann MR, Kosgei RJ, Lee F, Mugo NR, Okech TC, Sakr SR, Garrison LP, Jr., Chung MH: Costs of integrating cervical cancer screening at an HIV clinic in Kenya. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2017, 136:220-228.
Lubinga SJ, Atukunda EC, Wasswa-Ssalongo G, Babigumira JB: Potential Cost-Effectiveness of Prenatal Distribution of Misoprostol for Prevention of Postpartum Hemorrhage in Uganda. PLoS One 2015, 10(11):e0142550.
Babigumira JB, Stergachis A, Choi HL, Dodoo A, Nwokike J, Garrison LP, Jr.: A framework for assessing the economic value of pharmacovigilance in low- and middle-income countries. Drug safety: an international journal of medical toxicology and drug experience 2014, 37(3):127-134