- Adjunct Associate Professor, Global Health
- Associate Professor, Radiology
825 Eastlake Ave E, G-2600
Seattle, WA, WA 98109
Select from the following:
Dr. Scheel is a physician at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and a UW assistant professor of radiology. Dr. Scheel earned his B.S. with high honors from the University of California, Riverside. He earned his M.D. and Ph.D. from the University of California, San Diego and completed his radiology residency and breast imaging fellowship at the University of Virginia.
His clinical practice includes all aspects of breast imaging, including mammography, ultrasound, MRI and tomosynthesis and breast interventional procedures. His research activities are focused on identifying and addressing health care access barriers in underserved communities (both locally and globally).
- MD (University of California (San Diego))
- PhD (University of California (San Diego))
- BS (University of California (Riverside))
- Improving access to breast and cervical cancer detection in underserved U.S. populations
- Establishing a sustainable breast cancer detection program in an underserved region of Peru
- Evaluating the Dissemination and Interpretive Performance of the Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System after its Implementation in Uganda
- Improving breast cancer detection and diagnosis in Uganda
- Reducing Healthcare System Delays Contributing to Late-stage Breast Cancer Diagnosis in Uganda
- Therapeutic Impact of Pre-operative CESM in Colombian Women with Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer
Ginsburg, Yip, Brooks, Cabanes, Caleffi, Dunstan, Gyawali, McCormack, McLaughlin, de Anderson, Mohar, Murillo, Pace, Paskett, Romanoff, Rositch, Scheel JR, Schneidman, Unger-Saldana, Vanderpuye, Wu, Yuma, Dvaladze, Duggan, Anderson. Breast cancer early detection: a phased approach to implementation. Cancer; 2020. 126(10):2379-2393 DOI: 10.1002/cncr.32887, PMID: 32348566
Zuwasti U, Abbey G, Scheel JR, Pollack E. Breast Imaging in Global Health: Serving the Underserved. Curr Radiol Rep, 2020;8(5). DOI:10.1007/s40134-020-00349-z
DelPriore MR, Biswas D, Hippe DS, Zecevic M, Parsian S, Scheel JR, Rahbar H, Partridge SC. Breast Cancer Conspicuity on Computed Versus Acquired High b-value Diffusion-Weighted MRI. Academic Radiology 2020 S1076-6332(20)30152-5. DOI: 10.1016/j.acra.2020.03.011; PMID: 32307271
Matsumoto MM, Widemon S, Farfán G, Vidaurre T, Dunstan J, Krotish DE, Ferris DG, García Santos JM, Mollura DJ, Pollack E, Scheel JR. Establishing a Comprehensive Early Breast Cancer Detection Program in an Underserved Region in Peru. JACR 2020. S1546-1440(20)30642-6. DOI: doi: 10.1016/j.jacr.2020.06.003; PMID: 32645288
Mollura DJ, Culp M, Pollack E, Battino G, Scheel JR, Elahi A, Schweitzer A, Dako F. Artificial Intelligence in Low-Middle Income Countries: Transforming Global Health Radiology. In press Radiology.