- Clinical Associate Professor, Global Health
- Professor and Head, Department of Medicine, Karpagam Faculty of Medical Science
- Research and Medical Superintendent, Karpagam Medical College Hospital
International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH)
Select from the following:
Dr. G. Manoharan has been working as Chief Medical Officer at G. Kuppusamy Naidu Memorial Hospital since July 2017. Previously, Dr. Manoharan worked as Medical Superintendent and Professor and Head of the Department of Medicine at Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India since 2013. He also holds the post of Clinical Associate Professor at the Department of Global Health at the University of Washington, Seattle since 2009. He is also a consultant to the International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH India), since 2004 and Texila American University since 2016. He was a medical Teacher at two teaching Institutions in South India for a period of 10 years each prior to his position at I-TECH.
He is actively involved in the following areas of work:
Technical assistance (TA) to NACO (National AIDS Control Organization), Department of Health and Family Welfare:
- Member - TRG (Technical Resource Group in developing national guidelines on ART)
- Member of SACEP and NACEP (State/National AIDS Clinical Expert Panel)
- National Master Trainer
- HIV fellowship program at Government Hospital of Thoracic Medicine
- Distance Learning Seminar Series (National and Regional)
- Warmline: Planning and conduct of the activity
Technical assistance to IGNOU (Indhra Gandhi National Open University): Planning (Core Committee Member) and Curriculum Development (Course writer and editor & development of evaluation materials for the course) “Post Graduate Diploma in HIV Medicine”.
Research Activities: Former ( 2007-2014) IRB (Institutional Review Board) Chairperson and a Research Committee Member at the Government Hospital of Thoracic Medicine, Tambaram, Chennai and IHEC (Institutional Human Ethical Committee) Member at at Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences and Research, Coimbatore.
He was the recipient of following awards:
- Mother Teresa Award (Presented at the International Conference on AIDS India 2000).
- Best Research Paper Awards at Association of Physicians of India (API) Conferences held at Bangalore, Jaipur, Chennai and Varanasi.
- Award for the “Best Care Service for HIV/AIDS patients” by Rotaract club, Erode district.
- Life Time Achievement Award by the Tamilnadu State AIDS Control Society (2007, Government of Tamilnadu)
- MD (Madras Medical College (India))
- MBBS (Coimbatore Medical College (India))
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chronic Disease (incl. Cardiovascular, Diabetes)
- Clinical Mentoring
- Education and Training
- Health Systems Strengthening and Human Resources Development
HIV/AIDS, clinical mentorship, HIV and TB, case management of HIV/AIDS patients
- Capacity Building Activity of Centres of Excellence (CoE)on HIV Care in India
- Distance Learning Seminars ( Regional and National)
- EPAN (Expert Physician Access Number)
- Evaluation of Safety and Efficacy of Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate as an adjunct to Diet and Exercise to improve glycemic control in Type 2 Diabetes PatientsUncontrolled on Sulfonyl Urea +Metformin Combination
- SACEP AND NACEP (State and National AIDS Clinical Expert Panel)
- Warmline (Pilot Project)
Various Immunologic and Virologic Responses to Second line Antiretroviral Therapy in Tambaram, India ; Anusuya GS, Chockalingam C, Gurusamy M, Nadol P, Krishnaraj R, et al. (2016). J AIDS Clin Res 7: 601. doi:10.4172/2155-6113.
Predicting Virological Failure with Immunological Criteria in First Line ART Patients in a Resource Poor Setting: Krishnaraj Raja, Chockalingam Chandrasekar, O. R. Krishnarajasekhar, Narayanan Ravichandran, Satagopan Kumar, Gurusamy Manoharan, Irudayaraj Amala Sharmila, World Journal of AIDS, 2014, 4, 413-421
Research Article: Etiology and risk factors associated with a pruritic papular eruption in people living with HIV in India; Terry T Farsani, Sachin Kore, Patrick Nadol, Mandalaparthy Ramam, Sara J Thierman, Kieron Leslie, Chockalingam Chandrasekar, Rajasekaran Sikhamani, Gurusamy Manoharan, Asha Kubba and Toby A Maurer: Journal of the International AIDS Society 2013, 16:17325
Zero CD4 count: A case of discordant CD4 response in a patient with well suppressed viral load ; K Raja, C Chandrasekar, OR Krishnarajasekhar, G Manoharan; Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology vol. 31, No. 3, July 2013, 298-30
Barriers, Facilitators and Socio demographic Characteristics associated with condom usage amongst male HIV integrated Testing and Counseling Center attendees at the Governmant Hospital of Thoracic Medicine, an HIV tertiary care center in Chennai; Mahajan.D, Ottilingam,KR, Gurusamy.M, Chockkalingam.C. Indian Journal of Community Health, Vol 25, No.2,April 2013-June 2013