Most students do not receive full funding, therefore, in order to minimize costs many students complete the program in four to five quarters. It looks something like this:
- In year one students complete the first three quarters consecutively and in-residence (required).
- In year two, students often:
- Most students return to Seattle for spring quarter of their second year to complete any outstanding degree requirements and participate in graduation activities.
- All required coursework can be completed in the first three quarters.
- The 63 credits required for the MPH can be completed in four quarters.
- Departmental travel grants of up to US $4,000 are often used in conjunction with on-leave or Independent Learning to fund fieldwork opportunities (room and board, travel health preparation, travel insurance, and/or supplies).
- Current tuition and fees can be found at the Office of Planning and Budgeting website.
- Concurrent students pay the higher tuition of the two programs in which they are enrolled.
- Tuition and fees for incoming, full-time (7-18 credits) MPH students per quarter for the 2017-2018 academic year are:
- $7,008 per quarter for Washington state residents.
- $11,938 per quarter for non-residents and international students.