This section is coordinated by the Global Health Resource Center will help you with your career search. To get positions sent to you in email, please join our global health jobs listserv.
University of Washington Jobs
- School of Public Health Jobs Database (you can sumbit a job here as well)
- UWHires for Department faculty and staff positions.
- Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME)
- Health Alliance International (HAI)
- International Training & Education Center for Health (I-TECH)
- Research and Teaching Assistant Positions
Other Job Search Resources
- Global Washington's Searchable Jobs Database
- Seattle Area Global Health Organizations
- U.S. and International Job and Career Resources
- Washington Global Health Alliance Opportunites Page
- Internship and Volunteer Opportunity List
If you are a current University of Washington student, you are welcome to schedule an appointment with someone at the GHRC to discuss additional career resources, information, and referral: email@example.com
General Career Advising and Job Search Services:
For general career advising, including resume review, interviewing skills, and other career and job search services, contact the UW Career Center.
If you have a job posting, please join our jobs listserv.
Global Health Week and Career Fair
The Global Health Resource Center hosts a global health career event titled “Futures in Global Health.” The annual event provides a forum for UW undergraduate, graduate, and professional students to explore the interdisciplinary field of global health. In 2009, the first year, more than 1,000 students attended the career fair that showcased t30 leading global health organizations. A lecture and panel discussion, “Preparing a Future Generation of Global Health Professionals,” allowed students to ask tough questions to top hiring professionals.
Books and Articles of Interest
- Job Search Tips assembled at 2012 Career Panel sponsored by the Global Health Resource Center
- Preparing the Next Generation of Global Health Professionals. Sarah Hohl, School of Public Health e-news, May 2010.
- The University of Washington Pediatric Residency Program Experience in Global Health and Community Health and Advocacy. Kym Ahrens, F. Bruder Stapleton, and Maneesh Batra, American Medical Association, March 2010.
- Towards a Common Definition of Global Health. Jeffrey P Koplan, T Christopher Bond, Michael H Merson, K Srinath Reddy, Mario Henry Rodriguez, Nelson K Sewankambo, Judith N Wasserheit, The Lancet, June 2, 2009.
- The Global Challenge. naturejob.com, May 16, 2007.
- Global Health: Career Options & Specialization. A resource provided by the Global Health Education Consortium (GHEC).
- Washington Global Health Alliance Global Health Careers Pipeline Poster (pdf)
- Finding Work in Global Health: A Practical Guide for Job-Seekers or Anyone Who Wants to Make the World a Healthier Place.Garth Osborn and Patrician Ohmans.
- Caring for the World: A Guidebook to Global Health Opportunities. Paul Drain (UW alum).
- Practical Guide to Global Health (American Medical Association). by Edward O'Neil, Jr.
This resource profiles approximately 300 organizations that place health service volunteers.
Health Alliance International at a career fair.